Monday 30 April 2012

Writing Reflection #8


This week we tried Blackout Newspaper Poetry, and I have to say, it is HARD. I tried and tried, and after several attempts, I just got frustrated. I looked around the class, and everyone else had something going on for them, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't get something started. I guess I just don't work well with a limited selection of words. I like having an unlimited variety. I couldn't even get one started, nonetheless finish three whole ones! On the same theme too!! I don't know how I'm supposed to get three done by the end of this week. As for successes with Blackout Poetry.....I had none. It's really cool to see the finished ones though, especially after discovering how difficult it is. It`s unique because you have a limited amount of words to choose from, and they are specific ones at that. It is really different, but I have to say that so far I`m not a fan of creating them. I learned that I hate when people tell me my limits with certain things, such as writing, and words in general. Writing should be about expressing yourself limitlessly through words. I just don`t think that using other people`s words does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment