Tuesday 21 February 2012

Writing Reflection, 21/02/2012

Hello again,

For the past few weeks in our Creative Writing class we have been adding personal additions to our writer's notebook, making listography doodles and writing in our blog.

One personal addition i added was a tattoo idea that i have. It says 'faasnu', written in daedric, which is dragon for 'fearless'. That word has a lot of meaning to me and has to do with struggles I had to learn to overcome a few years ago. The rest of what I have been adding are mostly song lyrics, by August Burns Red and Bring Me the Horizon. "You claim you were built to fall. You were never strong enough," are some of the lyrics in a song called Chasing the Dragon by ABR, which is about addiction and overcoming those addictions while accepting help. Learning to accept help because you aren't strong enough to do something on your own is also something I find important and inspirational. I've added a few successful sentences that react to my personal additions and explain why those additions are there. I think I could try to add a few different things though, to veer away from the music and game additions. The majority will probably, in the end, relate to those two things because they are what take up most of my time, however I will try to add a few unique things to it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your blog! I'm jealous I didn't think of it myself. Thanks for doing such a great job keeping your blog up to date. It definately reflects your interests. This particular posting (Writing Reflection #1) shows you are really thinking, reflecting, exploring. . . I look forward to reading your Reading Reflection.

    ReplyDelete